How can I give my bathroom an update without breaking the piggy bank?
Here are a few tips that will add style and detail with very little cash output and just a bit of work.
- Frame your existing mirror – to give it definition and updated style in 2 ½ “ wide wood or MDF (Medium density fiber board), stained or painted and attach it right to the mirror to the wall around it.
- Dress up the cabinetry – for a flat plain door & drawer fronts, add detail to plain vanity doors by installing panel mouldings about 2” to 3” in from the edges (found in all hardware stores).
- Sleek new hardware – replace outdated and worn out cabinetry knobs & pulls with new good-looking versions in brushed nickel & chrome and are available at reasonable prices everywhere.
- Change the light fixture – Double sconces on either side of a mirror are an especially hot look right now or a great looking single fixture that radiates a good amount of light for the space.
- Stylish new sink – if your budget allows, you’ll be surprised at the difference it can make.
- Cover outdated floors - with peel-and-stick linoleum tiles in a fresh new color.
- Added storage – in a bath without much storage, make use of the vertical wall space over the toilet and hang an inexpensive new medicine cabinet chest or floating open shelves.